Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Look good on your application!

When filing out the CASPA there is a section that askes to what orginazations you belong. When I applied, I didn't really belong to any medical professional organization. I didn't know at the time that I could have signed up to be an Affiliate member for the American Academy of Physician Assistants. It will cost you $75 to apply for one year's dues, and it gives you some great tools to use for getting into PA school.



One of the benefits the AAPA offers is a daily email that shows what is going on in the healthcare field relating to PA's. This includes new treatments for patients or even what is happening in the legislative field for the PA profession. I would read these headlines all the time, so it kept me up to date with what is facing the PA profession. (which is a possible question that will be asked at an interview). In fact I was asked in my interview: "what is the biggest obstacle that you feel is facing the PA profession for its future" I honestly related what I read from the emails I received from the AAPA. If your serious about getting into PA school, sign up for the AAPA, you will benefit from it being on your application. 



Also don't forget to sign up for your state's Academy of Physician Assistants, its another organization that you can apply for that will look good on your application. I signed up for the Arizona Academy of Physician Assistants, and I have been able to keep up to date about what is facing the PA profession in my home state.

No comments:

Post a Comment