Monday, January 9, 2012

Pre-Reqless!

Now those who have their Bachelors degree and major in a science that includes most, if not all, the pre-reqs to apply to PA school, you are in a good spot. I, however, was not one of those... I had to do almost all of my science pre-reqs after my Bachelors degree, while working full-time as a Clinical Research Coordinator. This made it entirely difficult for me to get everything done in a timely manner. 
PVCC Life Sciences Building

 I signed up for night classes at Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) where I took A&P I and Microbiology for Fall semester. I went to work all day and then Mon-Thurs went to school well into the night. I honestly loved my classes though, I found them to be so interesting although they were a lot of work.

The spring semester I took A&P II and Organic Chemistry (which wasn't offered at PVCC) I actually had to go to Phoenix College to get that class... its confusing, needless to say I got it done and applied that April for PA school. 


2 comments:

  1. DJ -

    In your opinion is O'Chem is difficult as many say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it depends on your background in Chemistry... but I can say it is harder than most people expect... Just like math, there are a bunch of equations to learn and although they involve molecules instead of numbers... similar molecules have properties that make certain reactions. Memorizing all of those is the hard part, and there are so many... and as you continue through class they just get more difficult and complex... But i can tell you its good preparation for PA school... a lot of work, all the time, for 2 years! dedication and persistance is what PA school is all about.

    ReplyDelete